Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Pi Day!


Happy Pi Day, everyone! We have to celebrate Pi Day around here, given that my husband is a math teacher and all. We went over to our friend's house for dinner and had a fun Pi-Day bonfire with them after a yummy dinner. I did make some pie today, but I'll have to wait till tomorrow to download the pics I managed to take.... I'm too tired right now from all the Pi-Day fun!!

I made two pies- my Key Lime Pie (already on this blog) and a new one- Caramel-Pecan Cheesecake pie from Taste of Home. The cheesecake one was so yummy; I'd definitely make it again. It doesn't really photograph well, and it was hard to get a clean cut, so the pic doesn't really do it justice. But it's really good!

Caramel-Pecan Cheesecake Pie
from Taste of Home

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
1 cup caramel ice cream topping

In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla until smooth. Spread into pastry shell; sprinkle with pecans. In a small bowl, whisk remaining eggs; gradually whisk in caramel topping until blended. Pour slowly over pecans. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned (loosely cover with foil after 20 minutes if pie browns too quickly). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before slicing. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings. Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Smucker’s ice cream topping.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

3 comments:

Shelby said...

:-D Hope you enjoyed your day! Can't wait to see what pie's you made!

Susie @ Hick Chick said...

They celebrated PI Day on Thursday (since there was no school Friday) in KK's math class. I bought frozen pizza and they had a contest to see who could say the most numbers. GOOD TIMES! LOL

Linda said...

What a great way to celebrate 2 greats--Pi and Pie! I've had that cheesecake in my saved file forever--your photo inspires me to make it.