Sunday, July 26, 2009

Luxembourg!

What a delightful place Luxembourg is. It is so beautiful; both clean, and green! :D (Imagine a big cheesy grin here). It is so peaceful and serene there. The countryside is beautiful and the towns are sparkling clean, with neat houses and beautiful flowers and yards. I enjoyed every part of our visit. We went to 2 different castles and toured them. One was out in the country surrounded by hills and forests, and another was situated in the middle of a town. We were very close to Belgium when we were in Luxembourg, and we decided that it would be a shame not to visit Belgium, too. So we drove into Belgium a little, stopping to get some frites at a roadside stand (a friterie). They are so good- I believe they are doubled-fried fries, and they are so crispy and yummy. Since we were already on our way to a heart attack, we figured we'd try the traditional dip- mayo. (But the kids preferred ketchup. Every tiny serving of dipping sauce cost 50 Euro cents there... which is about $.75)**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Im so loving your pictures! I want to go to Luxembourg so bad. It looks beautiful there.

What did you think of the fries and mayo? blah. I can't stand it myself. The mayo is very different than what I am used to..very fatty tasteing. I have to buy the light mayo and then I am able to put it on a sandwich. My husband never had a sandwich with mayo until he met me. They either eat them plain or with butter!! noo thanks..lol Now he loves mayo with them.

The Mcdonadls here also serves fry sauce wich reminds me of a weird version of tartar sauce with pickles. They nickle and dime you for all sauces here.

Linda said...

I want to live in a castle! Those french fries look SO good--I'd love to try them!

What a Dish! said...

Sonya, you're right,the mayo seems very fatty. It was almost solid!! I mixed it with the ketchup and liked that better.

Shelby said...

Beautiful photos Dish! The fries look yummy too. I also think I would prefer the mayo and ketchup mixed! Closer to russian dressing!

The Winwards said...

The area looks gorgeous! And the fries look so yummy!