Friday, June 25, 2010

Satiny Chocolate Glaze

I love this chocolate glaze.  Usually I use it to top a pound cake.  (Pictured above is the cute little cake (4 or 5 inch) I made for my husband for Father's Day).  I've used it to top cupcakes, too.  It would also be delish on homemade donuts (if I ever go there) or cookies.  This glaze is indeed satiny.  Sometimes I increase the amounts of everything to cover a little more cake.  If the mixture gets too thick, I just add extra corn syrup (sometimes I'll use honey instead for all or part of the C.S.) and some extra butter.  The consistency should be just so that it is thick but pourable, and is able to run down the sides of a pound cake and cling at the same time.  (Like it does here).  I use salted butter for this recipe.

Satiny Chocolate Glaze

3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup (or honey)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1.In a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, combine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, then add vanilla.  (You can use a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.  I've also just used a quality saucepan on the lowest heat setting).

2.Spread warm glaze over top of cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.


**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**

No comments: