Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fettucine Alfredo

I love Fettucine Alfredo, but hardly ever eat it, and have never made the "real" thing, because of the amount of fat and calories it contains.  However, that changed last week, when I just couldn't get the idea of Fettucine Alfredo out of my head, so I broke down and made it.  It was sooooo goooood!!!!  I'd make it again, but this time round out the meal with grilled chicken and steamed broccoli.  ;)  When I made this, it was just me and my two young sons home for dinner, so I didn't want to go all out. 

I wish I had fresh parsley on hand when I made this, but sadly, I didn't.  That would have made the pic more interesting.  It's up to you to use salted or unsalted butter when making this- I used unsalted but my pasta needed just a tiny sprinkle of salt at the table.  I served this with a mixture of white and whole-wheat fettucine pasta.

Alfredo Sauce
adapted from Allrecipes

1/4 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
hot cooked fettucine pasta

1.Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and lightly simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic.  Add cheese gradually and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve. Sauce will thicken after it is taken off the heat.  Serve over fettucine. 

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

1 comment:

LadyJayPee said...

Man, I love me some alfredo sauce. I've bookmarked your recipe for when I can afford to indulge in a liitle calorie splurge! ;D