Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Red, White & Blue Yogurt Pops

Happy 4th of July!  Thanks to a newsletter from Food.com I got last night, I was able to whip up these yogurt pops quickly last night and stick them in the freezer for today.  The store was out of vanilla yogurt (I usually buy some), so I just got plain and raspberry flavored, and that's what I used in these.  The pink layer is raspberry with a bit of red food coloring added.  (I only use food coloring for birthdays and holidays!)  Then I sweetened plain yogurt with agave nectar and made the white layer.  I then sweetened more plain yogurt with agave and colored it blue for the last layer. 

You can put all of these layers in at the same time; they stay separate.  I got these cool rocket pop molds from Amazon.  I didn't measure the yogurt when making this; I'll include the original recipe from Food.com, even though I just used it as a rough guide.

Red, White & Blue Yogurt Pops
adapted from Food

raspberry yogurt, 1/2 to 1 cup
vanilla or plain yogurt, 1 to 2 cups
agave nectar or honey, if using plain yogurt
red and blue food coloring

1.  If desired, tint the raspberry yogurt with some red food coloring.  Fill the bottoms of popsicle molds with the raspberry yogurt.

2.  If using plain yogurt, sweeten with agave nectar or honey, and make a white layer on top of the red in each popsicle mold.  Sweeten more yogurt, and tint blue with the blue food coloring.  Add blue as the last layer in the popsicle molds. 

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: