Friday, November 9, 2012

Two Ingredient Dulce de Leche Ice Cream (No Ice Cream Maker Required!)

This recipe is just so good, so fun, and so easy.  It's just amazing!!  You just whip up some heavy cream, add a can of Dulce de Leche, and put it in the freezer!  You don't even use an ice cream maker for this- it's amazing.  Well, it is!  I know I said how amazing it was just a few sentences ago.  (For local readers, look for Doce de Leite by Nestle in brown-labeled cans like shown here.  It says "Cozido" in big letters and "Doce de Leite" in small letters.)
I've made this twice since discovering the recipe on Buns in my Oven.  I want to try more variations on this idea- maybe Nutella or Peanut Butter instead of Dulce de Leche.  This is such a fun idea!
Two Ingredient Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
from Buns in my Oven

1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
1 14 oz. can Dulce de Leche (or make your own)
1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt

1.  With a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the cream until you have soft peaks.  With the mixer still on, drop globs of dulce de leche into the bowl until it is all incorporated.  I did a few strokes by hand with a rubber spatula at the end. 

2.  Pour into a freezer-safe container & freeze for 6 hours or longer, if desired.  Serve sprinkled with a bit of optional sea salt.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **