Monday, January 12, 2015

Microwave Single-Serve Mac & Cheese


This recipe is cool because it's made with one bowl, right in the microwave.  I made this for my toddler and myself for lunch a while back.  It doesn't really seem to double or triple well, though, so I might use the stove if I want to do that next time.  It was very flavorful; I enjoyed it and so did my three-year old.
Microwave Single-Serve Mac & Cheese
adapted from the Kitchn

1/2 cup macaroni pasta (or any small pasta shape)
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
squirt of good mustard
1/4 cup milk, any percent
1/4-1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or any other cheese that suits your fancy)

1.  Combine the pasta, the water, and the salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 2-minute intervals until the pasta is al dente, stirring between each interval. This should take about 6-8 minutes total. If the pasta absorbs all the water before the pasta is cooked, add another 2 tablespoons of water.

2.  Stir in the mustard, milk, and the cheddar cheese. Microwave on HIGH in 30-second intervals until the cheese has melted into a creamy sauce, stirring between each interval and 1-1.5 minutes total. For a creamier sauce, add an extra tablespoon or two of milk and cheese.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: